Thursday, October 25, 2007

Happiness


"Time In: Think back to a period or two in your life when you enjoyed both present and future benefit." (from the book Happier)

Hands down, the birth of my two children were the happiest days of my life. I had created life and was given a great opportunity to nurture it. It would be an unconditional love that would last a lifetime. Being a mother is not something I take lightly. I would be able to provide the love and care I felt I had not been allowed to know. I love to watch them grow and become unique individuals and I absolutely adore them. ...I just called and talked to my kids and told them I love them.

Another time I felt truly happy and had felt both present and future benefit was when I was 17 when I had emancipated myself. I had been so sheltered and sad and felt so unloved by my family that it was a new freedom, a new chance for me.

I also feel both present and future benefit in my current situation. While it is an emotional time for me where I am both happy at times and sad at times, I will overcome and heal and find peace and happiness.

Things I am grateful for: my children, freedom, life, opportunity

No comments: