Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Are you kidding me?

My husband must be losing brain cells, seriously. I woke up this morning and he was sitting at the kitchen table drinking coffee. He said, "this lady really pissed me off." and he had a paper in his hand. I asked him what he was talking about. Then I noticed he had his Visa bill in his hand.

About a month earlier he mentioned that he was getting nowhere on paying down his Visa bill. (That's what happens when you only send the minimum.) He decided to borrow money from his 401k. Not sure if this was a good idea or not, but his balance on his Visa was pushing $6300 and the interest rate was ridiculous. After about a week he received the money to pay off the credit card and sent the money.

Apparently, he called Visa and the automated system told him he owed $6100 and some change, so that's what he sent. He said that he told the customer service rep that that's what the system told him and that's what he paid. He's one of those people that when the call they are instantly mad. I don't believe that's how you get your point across. I know, I've gotten my way with companies several times by just being nice and explaining the problem.

So, I asked him if he would like me to call them. He said yes. I asked him if he had written down the date that he called and what they said, who he talked to? He said he only had the amount of the check he sent and the date he sent it. He said he called them the day before. Okay, here's where it gets good. I then asked him if he had his last statement. He looked through his files and gave it to me. It said he owed $6250 and some change. At this point I'm thinking, "what the hell, are you kidding me?". If my statement balance said something different than the automated system from the company, I think I would have talked directly with customer service. I took all the information from him and told him, "Um, I don't think I'm going to win on this one."

No comments: