Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Story of My Life: The Beginning

I was born in Petoskey Hospital on January 23, 1971. A gorgeous baby girl, I'm sure. ; ) When I was a baby, my mom who was a single mother was not able to take care of me. My aunt and her husband took me in. My mom's younger sister also just had a baby, a boy, who went to live with my aunt as well. I'm not sure of the circumstances surrounding that situation. My mother however was unable to take care of me because she was in rehabilitation for drugs and alcohol and was a young mother. Apparently, when I was born I had an undeveloped lung.

Me and my new brother were raised by my aunt until I was three years old. Her and her husband were very good to us. Their kids were all older, moved out of the house and had their own families. Then one morning, while me and my brother were watching cartoons, my uncle came in the room and told us to go play outside. My aunt had passed away in her sleep. Apparently, she still had a book in her hands of a story she was reading to me the night before.

No comments: